Thursday, October 9, 2008

Butterfly Album

When these little Mini books first came out from Kaiser I couldn't wait to get my hands on them, as I had just taken alot of photos of my little niece...but the best part is that when the 2 munchkins come over to visit they love going into my scrap room and grabbing their own little books that I have made for them....sitting down and looking at them...for little ones these mini books are such a great tangible way to look and see.This album is from a double class that I taught...I had heaps of fun teaching it and all the girls were so happy with what they had done.

Each page was sanded, edges painted white then inked.I used the "Crate Paper Sweet Branch" range throught out the book, but changed the photos to black/white as I didnt want the pink to clash with the tones of the PP on the inside pages.After adhering all the PP, I adhered the photos then bladed the excess off, that way the photos blended in with the shape of the Butterfly Wings.I placed cut out Flowers and Stamped words throughout the pages.I'm usually not a ribbon kind of girl but I raided my stash to finish of the the Butterfly album.



Closeup Shots of the Inside Pages.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole that butterfly album is so adorable, and I love those papers, they would have to be my favs from Crate.

I have a half finished butterfly album done, you have given me the insentive to finish it.

Have a great weekend.

Carole xx

Wendy Smith said...

wow..that buttefly book is amazing...goregous work

The Dolphin Inn said...

This is so pretty Nic, I love the papers you used and the way the photos are positioned full width of the wings,stunning work as always my friend, hope all is well with you, take care XXX

Scraploot said...

Hi Nicole, Karen sent on your blog address....gorgeous work, I have been drooling....Sue

Lizzy Wurmann G. said...

Oh my......I can't believe how beautiful is this album!!!!!!